Translate

Monday, November 24, 2014

Elimination Diet: introducing foods

Elimination Diet: introducing foods
elimination diet

Meanwhile I follow more than a month the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol . In short this is a strict elimination diet that helps to heal the body. An elimination diet is a diet where you suspect foods do not eat where you could have ever an intolerance or allergy. After a while you introduce them again to find out whether you can or not against.

It's so far! 
Last week I was on a nice platter. Actually all the complaints I mentioned in this article I'm tired , are significantly reduced. No cramps in my stomach, not that overall lesser sense, my belly itched barely, actually no longer suffer from my bladder, but still a little dazed by candida infections ... Absolutely no panacea this diet, but it has made me enormously ahead helped. Since a week or so I noticed more no change, so it's time to start reintroducing certain foods.

Order 
The order in which I'm going to introduce the foods I follow the list of The Paleo Mom . They say it is the expert in the field of Paleo Autoimmune Protocol. The first thing I introduced this weekend again was pork. This is allowed in this protocol in itself, but I wish it like to test. Next is ranked:


  • spice seeds, such as fennel, cumin, coriander, etc.
  • yolks (do not know if I'm going to test this release because I find it a shame to throw away the protein)
  • seeds and seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds)
  • nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, cashews)
  • Alcohol, in small quantities (I did not go because it reintroduce the recovery of brain slows)
  • eggplant
  • paprika
  • paprika
  • coffee ('I do not so I'm not going to introduce)
  • chocolate
  • eggs
  • chili pepper / red pepper
  • potatoes (although this is not recommended by many sources much to eat, as this article Rineke Dijkinga )
  • tomatoes

Then paleo 
If all this is hopefully successfully reintroduced, I eat the potatoes after paleo. From there I can experiment with other foods how my body reacts to it, such as wheat, gluten, dairy raw. I realize that just totally quinoa is not mentioned because it is a questionable product in paleo. Maybe I'll go to reintroduce previously, because I'm not the problem.

How reintroduction? 
To test whether I comment on a product, I eat it 2x a day, two days. Then I do not eat it at least one day. So to test pork I burgers made of half-and-half chopped. And here Friday 2 and Saturday eaten 2. And so at two meals, not 2 in 1 time. Then on Sunday pork. I think I have had no response on here, except that I was very tired Saturday. I do not dare to say with certainty that this was the pork. I could do this more often after eating pork than I can with certainty say that it is so.

What symptoms do you get at food intolerance? 
It is very different for each person what the symptoms can be if you have a food reïntroduceert where you have a food intolerance. The first clue is when symptoms return of the elimination diet. Consider also:


  • rumbling stomach, flatulence, cramps, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, stomach burning, constipation
  • fatigue or less energy
  • strong desire for certain foods (sugar, fat, etc.)
  • sleeping, can not get to sleep, wake
  • headache or dizziness
  • skin problems: eczema, urticaria / hives, acne
  • gripes: myalgia, arthralgia
  • altered mental status: depression, anxiety, panic, stressed


You doubt? 
Not sure whether you respond or can not control a product or it was a coincidence? Do not eat it again for a while and reïntroduceer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog, please leave a comment