Prior To The Weight Loss Plateau
From the start, fat was coming off quickly. However, after a period of time, the degree of fat reduction was decreasing even though you didn't change your workout or diet. This is called Law of Diminishing Returns. This occurs because your body is not used to the stress it is going through and your body taps into the stored fat for fuel. But, once your muscles become strong enough to the level you're exercising, this makes your body undergo a weight loss plateau. Therefore, you've got to exert yourself that much harder to see small results. It doesn't imply you will not succeed, but it'll be harder dropping your weight.
The Objective Is Change
By altering one variable, you can make your body feel different stresses and end your weight loss plateau. A few variables include...
- Change the intensity such as, vary from low intensity carcio vascular exercise to HIIT.
- Substitute your exercises such as jogging to cycling.
- Trade your time duration in each workout say, 25 minutes up till a 45 minute period.
- Trade your workout method between cardiovascular exercises to giant set.
- Replace the rest between each set, ex: HIIT to giant set.
- Vary the sets, example: high intensity interval training and giant set.
- Change the reps, example: giant set.
A efficient model of this diet change is referred to as Carbohydrate Cycling. Adjustment occurs by varying your quantity of carbohydrates you eat on a day by day routine. Rotation of these Carbohydrates occurs every 3 days...
- High carbohydrate consumption, day one
- Low carbohydrate consumption, day two
- Zero carbohydrate consumption, day three.
Don't expect to lose those remaining few pounds as immediately as when you first began working out. Although, as a result of systematically varying your exercise routines you'll stop any weight loss plateau.